Friday 22 March 2013

My musical prophecy of March 2013: WOLF ALICE


Forget about the Hounds of Love; it’s all about the Howls of Love as we welcome new North-London band Wolf Alice into our speakers and headphones.
I listened to the full 2mins and 58 seconds of ‘Fluffy’ and instantly needed more to fulfil the rapid growth of my Wolf Alice cravings. The four-piece prove that short bursts of guitar are not all they have to offer with ‘White Leather’ which lays out a stripped down 90’s grunge-esque melodic track alongside Ellie Roswell’s sultry vocals. In other words, its ace; Not what I expected to hear after ‘Fluffy,’ which shows the band are still at that early stage of experimenting, trying to figure out which musical route they want to go down. It shows their rawness and when you find a track in 2013 which sounds like it could’ve been from The Cure’s discography, you know you’ve hit the jackpot.
What I love even more about new and hidden bands are the prices; A ticket to see Wolf Alice at Camden’s KOKO this month just £5, but something makes me think I won’t be seeing them just the once.
If you haven’t already booked your tickets, I would now and fall in love with ‘Wednesday’ and ‘Leaving You’ as well as the previously mentioned tracks.
When an excitable buzz around follows a band and Radio 1 are finally waking up to their potential success this year, it is the prime time to see them,
Be that annoying person who says ‘Well I saw them first.’
You won’t be eating your words, I can assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO