Monday 28 April 2014

#SONGOFTHEDAY

Well, it's been a while... 


JoJo - Agape Mixtape [2012]

If I'm honest, a lot has happened since my last post, but far too much to discuss right now. Perhaps in future posts? Who knows. Anyway, I'm BACK, and want to give this blog as much attention as possible, as it's such a great creative channel for me, and I love sharing the music I'm listening to right now, to others who may enjoy! 
So today's post is a little different, as it's actually a 13 track mixtape. I've always secretly loved Jojo (well, it's out in the open now!), and her debut album, Jojo, was a secure favourite of my 15 year old self. During college, when I started to explore the likes of Oasis, The Holloways, Kings of Leon etc, it's safe to say, I only saw my love for RnB as a early teen "phase." Turns out, this isn't the case. I came across this mixtape of Jojo only yesterday and have been listening to it non-stop. I think what I like most, as that it moves itself away from the generic, polished RnB album, and steps into its own genre. Agape is 25 minutes of uninterrupted musical mastery, snippets of Jojo speaking from various 'drunken nights,' acoustic numbers, and let's not forget her amazing vocal range. Unfortunately, like other artists in the game, Jojo seems to be one of the lesser known. However, with another mixtape #LoveJo released/leaked this year, there's proof that she's got more to give. 
Have it on in the background, whilst you're tidying, or revising, or writing, and let's see what you think!

Ciao for now!

Charlie XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO