Tuesday 25 March 2014

SONG OF THE DAY


Paloma Faith - Can't Rely On You [Live From The Kitchen]

My Sunday mornings usually consist of: Channel 4's Sunday Brunch, a side of pancakes, and a cuppa to wash it down with. Paloma Faith was on the show a few weeks ago, and she's always been a musical engima in my eyes. I've always admired her as an artist,(as well as her incredible wardrobe), but I've never sat down and listened to one of her albums. That was until, I requested to review Paloma Faith's latest release, A Perfect Contradiction. As a freelance music journalist, I think it's important to write about other genres, you might not be familiar with. I found myself using the same vocabulary, and wanted to nip this in the bud ASAP. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the album, not everything is to my taste, but I love, love, LOVE 'Can't Rely On You,' and 'Only Love Can Hurt Like This.' The video I used for this post is so amazing and pitch perfect. I love it when artists record tracks in ordinary, yet unusual places, like when Lucy Rose played 'Place' in a local park. A Perfect Contradiction, takes you on a little ride to the 50's, 70's disco, and right through to 2014.

Stay tuned for my album review of A Perfect Contradiction on thegirlsare website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO