Tuesday 31 December 2013

2014: Music Predictions: BANKS

I came across BANKS in August of this year. 
When I heard 'Waiting Game,' I was pretty sure I hadn't heard anything like it before. 

BANKS - Waiting Game


There was a slight buzz around BANKS this year, but nothing substantial enough to really allow her career to take off. BANKS did cause a stir, however, when she posted her mobile number on the internet: 

[Excerpt taken from newspaper article] 

"I like making connections outside of a computer screen. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram have never really been my thing. So my manager is going to run the Social Media stuff. If you ever want to talk call me – (323) 362-2658 - BANKS."

Not sure what to make of that? Well, to be honest I didn't either. Assuming it was a publicity stunt to try and reign in more popularity, it wasn't until I actually heard BANKS, that I realised this interaction with the public wasn't needed for success. With tracks already produced by TEED and Jamie Woon, it's clear she has a lot of support already. 

My favourite so far has to be:

BANKS - 'This is What it Feels Like' (Prod. by Lil Silva & Jamie Woon)

  
BANK's is bringing that raw edge back into the R'n'B genre. All the synth intricacies in this particular track are so cleverly paired with BANK's vocals where she can really show off her range. From Los Angeles, BANKS is like the US version of the UK's Jessie Ware. She's cool, sultry, incredibly talented and more than welcome to produce more musical genius.

She's also tipped to be the "Artist To Look Out For" in 2014 by iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO