Tuesday 31 December 2013

2014: Music Predictions: WOLF ALICE

I always root for the underdog. Especially when it comes to music. I'm always on the lookout for those secret hidden gems. Bands who still have that rawness you'll only find on an early demo tape, before all the polishing and airbrushing. Whilst sat here writing three pages of New Years Resolutions for myself, I decided to write a post on some musical predictions for 2014. 

Wolf Alice:

I wrote a blog post about them in March this year, but it was just when I was getting to grips with the world of Tumblr and felt it got pushed under the carpet a little. So thought I'd do a re-post:


"Forget about the Hounds of Love; it’s all about the Howls of Love as we welcome new North-London band Wolf Alice into our speakers and headphones.

Wolf Alice - 'Fluffy'



I listened to the full 2mins and 58 seconds of ‘Fluffy’ and instantly needed more to fulfil the rapid growth of my Wolf Alice cravings. The four-piece prove that short bursts of guitar are not all they have to offer with ‘White Leather’ which lays out a stripped down 90’s grunge-esque melodic track alongside Ellie Roswell’s sultry vocals. In other words, its ace; Not what I expected to hear after ‘Fluffy,’ which shows the band are still at that early stage of experimenting, trying to figure out which musical route they want to go down. It shows their rawness and when you find a track in 2013 which sounds like it could’ve been from The Cure’s discography, you know you’ve hit the jackpot."

I saw Wolf Alice play in March at Camden's KOKO and knew 2013 would only be the starting point for them. Now in December, about to grab hold of 2014, I came across this NME sessions video from the band's latest track 'Love's Whore.' Again, the three-piece are showing re-growth and give us a taste of what they are hopefully planning to release next year.

Wolf Alice - 'Love's Whore.' 


Previous Releases include: 

Blush EP (Release Date: 07/10/13)

Tracks:
Blush
She
Nosedive
90 Mile Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO