Monday 9 December 2013

"I'm Late, I'm Late, For A Very Important Date!"


Indulging in a scrummy cream tea!







I felt like the luckiest girl last week when my boyfriend treated me to Afternoon Tea at The Randolph Hotel in Oxford during our mini UK getaway. Those who know me, know I love love LOVE most cakes and going for cream tea is what I love to do with my girlfriends. I love hosting friends and always make sure we have something sweet in the cupboards for them. 

When Aiden told me he was taking me for Afternoon Tea, I was so excited, especially when I realised it would be at The Randolph, a 5* hotel! The interior was beautiful and the tea room carried an Alice in Wonderland theme throughout, (One of my other favourite things and definitely my favourite Disney film!) Cream tea for one and coffee were the only items in our price range, but I could've just sipped tap water the whole time as it felt like we had entered another world. It definitely gave Harrods competition, as we sat next to the most beautiful Christmas tree. Still continuing its theme, large, gold watches were placed on various branches and large playing cards hidden intricately alongside them. "We're painting the roses red," came to mind when the centrepiece for each table had a red rose with miniature playing cards around them, all contained in an elegant glass ornament. 

I really felt like we had escaped reality for a little while as the whole atmosphere was so relaxing and comfortable, and quite magical! I always think its important to collect some of those hard-earned pennies and take yourself away for a little while to experience something out of the ordinary, your very own Wonderland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO