Sunday 1 December 2013

My Top 5 CHRISTMAS Tracks!!

Surely it's acceptable to have these on the ipod now right? Not that I've been listening to Christmas songs already or anything... It's the first of December and I don't know about you, but I can really "feel" that Christmas buzz in the air now. Seen people carrying their Christmas trees home to be decorated, others trudging around with bags full of presents and wooly hats and scarves out unashamedly.

So, I thought I would share with you my Top 5 festive tracks, just in case you need some new additions to your ready made playlists.

1. Raveonettes - The Christmas Song


Definitely the Christmas song I play the most.

2. She & Him - Christmas Day



The She & Him Christmas album is a must-have/listen to this time of year.

3. Lucy Rose - Driving Home For Christmas



Lucy Rose's soft vocals really transform this track into a Christmas lullaby. Just so peaceful and beautiful.

4. Amy Winehouse - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus


I couldn't imagine anyone else taking on The Ronettes classic.

***

Let's not forget the other classics...

5. Doris Days - Silver Bells (An oldie, but still a very goodie)


                                            

This song will always remind me of decorating the Christmas tree with my mum. 'Silver Bells' was on a mixed tape my Dad had made and the cassette was so old that it would cut out sometimes, but it was like a tradition to play it every year. Doris Day and Judy Garland used to be my idols growing up, particularly Judy as I loved Meet Me in St. Louis when she sang 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.' That's what I love about this time of year. These songs may be decades old, but they're timeless and quintessentially Christmas.

Charlie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO