Friday 15 November 2013

My Top Three Tracks of the Week!

I'D been fleeting between my music blog and fashion for ages, until I decided it would be best to combine both and condense them into one! Here's my NEW music post! What I'm listening to at the moment...

1) Metronomy - I'm Aquarius
2) Bombay Bicycle Club - Carry Me
3) Dum Dum Girls - Lost Boys & Girls Club

1)

I remember the first time I saw Metronomy. It was accidental. I was at Brighton Dome to see CSS and Metronomy were the support act. Just three guys, who me and my friend initially thought were the technicians tuning Lovefoxxx's microphone. How wrong we were. It was the first time I heard 'Heartbreaker' 'Radio Ladio' 'Black Eye, Burnt Thumb' and I was spellbound. Their sound was so different and they were definitely the soundtrack to my years at 6th form. Over the last couple of years, the band has evolved and grown (literally as well as musically) and their new track 'I'm Aquarius'shows they are still creating their distinctive, minimalist but magnificent sounds. 

2)

Firstly, I've got to announce that I will be seeing Bombay Bicycle Club next year in Brixton! Far too excited! I've waited far too long to see them. My advice would be if you like a new band, and can sense a huge tidal wave of hype and fans about to bombard them, trust your instincts and buy a ticket! I liked Bombay Bicycle Club way-back-when, before their first album was even released and stupidly never did anything about it. Luckily, my sister got two for their 2014 tour on the pre-sale so that's my Christmas present sorted! 'Carry Me' is their new track and I really love how they continue to produce more and more spine-tingling melodies. The chorus is infectious with its quick pace and high energy, it'll have crowds jumping, shuffling and I Can't wait to be in and amongst it.

3)

As soon as I heard the first few chords of this track, I know it was going to be special. I'm such a big fan of the garage rock/pop sounds of Frankie Rose and Dum Dum Girls so I'm always excited to hear what these artists come with next. Their music allows me to believe I'm apart of the 80's (for those of you who don't know, I think I was meant for the 80s) and 'Lost Boys and Girls Club' doesn't shy away from this at all. Losing its rockier edge, this latest release embarks on enchanting echoes and smouldering strums. It's a dream.

Hope you guys enjoy! Let me know your thoughts!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO