Friday 15 November 2013

REVIEW: Ellie Goulding 'How Long Will I Love You'


Since the release of her first single and bagging herself a BRIT award in 2010, Ellie Gouldinghas had everyone starry-eyed. With already selling out venues across the globe and performing at Kate and Will’s wedding, there can’t have been much left on Miss Goulding’s “bucket list.” Well, a Children in Need single could have been on the it… Originally sung by The Waterboys, Ellie will be taking on ‘How Long Will I Love You’ for Children in Need 2013 (strike that one off the list!)

It’s a softly-sounding, short and sweet ballad, which doesn’t showcase anything spectacular vocally, but sometimes less is more. Its love-enthused lyrics: “How long will I love you / As long as the stars are above you / And longer if I can,” illustrate a romantic rhyming scheme and brings a poetical innocence to the song.
‘How Long Will I Love You’ will also feature on the soundtrack of recent rom-com ‘About Time’ starring Rachel McAdams, and if that wasn’t enough, Ellie Goulding is releasing a deluxe album Halycon Days which will include all the tracks from her previous album and ten more…Looks like Christmas has come early for Goulding fans!

[You can also find my review on TheGirlsAre website! http://www.thegirlsare.com/2013/11/07/ellie-goulding-how-long-will-i-love-you/ ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO