Saturday 22 February 2014

SONG OF THE DAY


Metronomy - Love Letters

Here's the new video for Metronomy's new single.
The first time I saw Metronomy was at a CSS gig in 2006 and they were the support act. Just three guys, (who me and my pal originally thought were roadies!) I'd never heard anything like them before. They really opened my eyes to electronica, a genre, I now love. Since then, they've lost one member, but gained two more and continue to develop their sound.
I recently read an issue of NME which features Joe Mount (frontman), and one quote stuck with me. When asked about his reservations about playing at Wembley stadium, he said: 

"Of course I don't really want us there as a goal. For us to get to that place, something odd will have had to happen either in the public conciousness or in my own head. In a venue of that size you're appealing to people on such a broad level. To get that point you have to probably dilute too much for me to be interested in doing it."

Bravo Sir, Bravo.


1 comment:

  1. I love metronomy!! I got into them when they released The English Riviera because it's named after where I live :) And The Bay video is in my town, loved them ever since! Glad they're becoming a little bigger but totally agree with Joe's comment! x
    LifesCupofTea♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO