Tuesday 25 February 2014

SONG OF THE DAY


Cocteau Twins - Iceblink Rink

In the words of SATC's Carrie Bradshaw, this Cocteau Twin's track is an "oldie, but a goodie." I'd heard of Cocteau Twins, but I'd never actually heard them. This all changed after watching The Perks of Being a Wallflower for the second time. I always think you take more in after the first watch and I definitely admired the soundtrack a lot more. The Cocteau Twins song that features in the film is 'Pearly Dew Drops Drop.' I fell in love with it, and I'm now working my way through the discography via Spotify. Anything with a shoegazing sound gives me frisson. I've been focussing my attention on the 1990 album Heaven or Las Vegas and 'Iceblink Rink' has to be my favourite (at the moment). It's pretty powerful, and incredibly beautiful.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO