Tuesday 29 October 2013

Ch, Ch, Ch, Cha… AGING

NIVEA 'Cleansing Facial Wash'
SIMPLE 'Cleansing Facial Wipes'
NIVEA 'Refreshing Toner'
NIVEA 'Anti-Wrinkle Cream'
NIVEA 'SOFT Moisturiser'

I love my “snooze” button. It allows me an extra 15 minutes in bed every morning and I love every second of it. It does, however, leave me in quite a rush and in the summer I find myself a flustered and sweaty mess far too often.

I had a bit of a wake up call the other day (literally) as I cut out 30 minutes of my “getting ready” time for an extra snooze with my boyfriend. I call him the ‘human radiator’ and blame him for my tardiness (well… I can’t blame him every time but definitely sometimes…) When I eventually teared myself away from my bed and the cosiest spoon, I tried squeezing in as many tasks as possible, only giving myself the time it takes to carry out one. Fixing my bed-hair (yes, it may look like bed-hair most of the time but trust me there’s a difference!), removing the remnants of last night’s make-up and re-applying today’s.

As you can imagine, I was unsuccessful. It was a half-hearted attempted and wasted anyway as by the time I got on the tube my face had melted (gross I know, but I learnt the hard way!) I caught a glimpse of my reflection and there they were… dark shopping bags under my eyes, engraved on my face. The panicked power-walk to catch the tube had aged me about 30 years!

I was literally a hot mess, but not in the good sense.

I always had a ‘beauty routine’ but sticking to it was the hardest part, especially not having enough time or rather being asleep. This moment, however, made me realise that I was 22, not 12, I need to look after my skin and live a healthier lifestyle. I love to keep busy and be here, there and everywhere but eventually it’s going to take its toll and I don’t want to be that girl people talk about saying “How old is she?! She looks much older than that!”

Call me over-dramatic. I call it organised.

So here’s a look into my new and improved ‘beauty routine’ which I MUST do every morning and every night:

1. ‘SIMPLE’ Make Up Remover Wipes - Perfect for sensitive skin and gets rid of those mascara marks which haven’t completely been wiped away the night before.

The rest of my routine sticks to one brand as I think it gives the best results:

2. ‘NIVEA’ Cleansing Facial Wash - Wakes me up and washes away all the dirt from the day.

3. ‘NIVEA’ Toner - Keeps my skin feeling re-vitalised and fresh.
4. ‘NIVEA Soft’ Moisturiser - I try to avoid the pot of just ‘Nivea’ as it makes my skin feel blocked and stodgy. ‘Nivea Soft,’ however, eliminates all of these issues.

5. ‘NIVEA’ Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream - Here’s the new addition. Dot around the “problem area” and it should diminish those dark circles (well, that’s what it says on the box… I’m yet to see the results… I have only just started using it, so need to give it a chance).

I will report back in a month to see if I have defied gravity and pulled those heavy bags from my eyes, up, up and away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO