Tuesday 29 October 2013

"Forget about the Price Tag."


Some people assume that when you shop in Charity shops and look at a price tag which reads ‘£1.99’, its instantly not a desirable item. Why get something second-hand when you can find a cleaner and more up-to-trend garment on the high streets? Well, if I spent all my pennies on brands, my wardrobe would be a lot emptier, especially being a student for the last three years. The Charity shop has been my saviour. Don’t get me wrong, I am in love with Urban, Topshop, American Apparel and the likes but I can always count on Age UK to sort me out with a Granny chic blouse or Oxfam to feed my new love of lilac knits. 

Checkered shirts are another love of mine and I found this one in Salvation Army. I couldn’t resist.

I always like to buy shirts a couple of sizes bigger but have only just been able to find the right balance between ‘babe baggy’ and ‘bin-baggy.’ This one is a shorter length so can easily be tucked into high-waisted numbers or tied up without looking too over-sized. £2.99?! Well who could blame me? Especially as pastels are so in season. What a bargain. 

I  think I will always shop in second-hand stores, ‘cos just think; you are making yourself feel good as well as helping others: The best kind of retail therapy     

                                                                         









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO