Tuesday 29 October 2013

Here’s An Update On My Life So Far…


The PR Couture Guide to Breaking into Fashion PR
Crosby Noricks

…After all, this blog is called ‘Reflect and the City.’ 
Moving  to London and working on one of the busiest, most fashion forward streets, in an internationally acclaimed store is proving to inspire me as a part-time fashion blogger beginner &aspiring fashion PR/Marketing assistant. (Wow, that was a mouthful!) This is down to the different fashionistas I serve and advise 4 days a week. It is so refreshing to see all the different ‘looks’ and faces of fashion. Those who want to make a fashion statement on their weekends off, those who are keeping it fashionable and smart in their work attire, those who dress in timeless vintage pieces, designer, PVC, leather, woollen capes… you name it, I’ve probably seen it. 
I’m currently working part-time as a sales assistant for a concession in Topshop whilst I progress as a fashion PR intern working from home and occasionally in the studio of the designers. From this internship, I’ve recently been given a mini-assignment and feel like I can finally begin to really dive in and learn about the fashion industry, especially as I am now living in the country’s capital, taking it all in. It’s something you’ve got to know your way around first before considering a job in it. I admit, I probably don’t know as much as I should but that doesn’t mean I’m not as passionate and certainly doesn’t mean I don’t want to learn… So, I’m going to, and I can’t wait to see what I find. 
I bought a book/guide a while back (see pic below) and did a bit of research to see whether you can read up on PR or whether it is all just about what you experience. Turns out, there aren’t a lot of books out there but I found this little gem on Amazon. It had great reviews so I thought ‘Why not?!’ There may be some aspects which don’t apply to your current situation but I guarantee you’ll find something which does and you’ll be getting out your highlighters and writing  quotes in your diaries. I’ve still not finished it but will need this as a staple item in my satchel from now on. 
I do believe it is all about experience and gaining the knowledge yourself but there’s nothing better than someone who has done it all before, sharing what they have learnt. Have a read for yourself.
Until next time… XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO