Tuesday 29 October 2013

Take me back, ta-ta-take me back to the 90s

 I’m one of those annoying people who moan when its too cold, then long for sunny days in beer gardens and when Mr. Sunshine eventually decides to show up, I’m “TOO HOT.” I struggle with flip flops, due to me either losing one, or those bastard blisters so I needed a back-up plan and a change from my trusted gladiator sandals: jelly shoes of course! 

Now today, I’m here to talk about that cringey combination: socks with sandals. I’ve always said ‘I OBJECT,’ when seeing people walking around town wearing thick white socks with heavy-duty sandals or Crocs, but I may have to lift the ban on this where jelly shoes are concerned…

When I expressed my enthusiasm to buy a pair of jellies, there were quite a few gasps in the office and amongst friends but when I really want something, those comments are far from my mind, especially when I’m at the counter paying for them. Even after I bought them, a lady on the train laughed at me saying “Old school,” but I needed something which would keep my feet cool and comfortable and these black JUJU jellies were the perfect purchase! As well as that, I didn’t see the harm in making a little fashion statement…
I decided to turn this 90’s throwback up a notch and add some white frilly socks (I hear some more gasps) to the mix. I love having the chance to re-live old styles but relish this even more when the high-street decide they’re going to take on vintage fashion too. If Topshop aren’t afraid to rock socks with sandals, then surely that’s a sign that we shouldn’t either! So if you were like me and have been sitting on the fence for a while, just remember, when you wear something that catches the attention of passers-by, it won’t always be for the wrong reasons! Who knows, they might decide to divert their route to get themselves a pair too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO