Thursday 6 March 2014

SONG OF THE DAY


HAIM - Forever

I went to see HAIM live at Nottingham's Rock City on Tuesday and felt like I'd been transported to another decade, (late 70's/early 80's I'd say).
The Haim sisters did not leave their talent in L.A. Ohh noo, they took every ounce of it with them to the UK, AND some.
When you see a band like HAIM, whose popularity is growing by the download, you have to resign yourself to the fact that this may be the only time you'll see them. Unless you're at a festival or something, chances are, they'll be playing the arenas next year. 
I was planning on writing a live review for the gig, but was having far too much fun and lost myself in what seemed like, a 70s disco.
Seeing a band's first album live is the most exciting time; for the band and its fans. The fans win 'cos your favourite track is definitely going to be played at some point, and the band are still pinching themselves at the audience singing every one of their lyrics back to them.
Este Haim told us to "shake our fuckin' asses" for 'Forever,' and that, we did. It was just like one big party. Nobody cared. Everyone just wanted to dance. 
HAIM's first song of the encore was Beyonce's 'XO,' and instantly became my stand-out track of the night.
I'm suffering with some post-gig blues at the moment.
Life was so much better jumping around and screaming to 'Don't Save Me' with my pals and not having to worry about anything.
Not. A. Thing.
That's what I love most about live music. It's all in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO