Saturday 8 March 2014

SONG OF THE DAY



Emily & The Woods - Tell You

I first came across Emily and the Woods on Youtube. Emily Wood was sat on a bank by the River Thames singing 'It Was Right There.' I even wrote a blog post about it. I think it must've been 2012, as it was just after I graduated. I was feeling the effects of leaving University, and I desperately needed to fill this void with new music. Emily, you couldn't have come at a better time! 
In June last year at Nottingham's Rescue Rooms, I finally had a chance to see Emily and the Woods live, and even meet her. Starstruck? YES. My friend had to practically push me into her. I was adamant; I did NOT want to go over there. It's weird, that we admire these artists so much, yet when given a chance to actually speak to them, your words are lost, and you find yourself mumbling. I did give my opinion on their new material though, which she seemed happy about... *WIN* 
Their live show was a lot different to what I'd heard originally. Guitar was more prominent and Emily's other half, "The Woods" definitely had a bigger impact this time round. They felt more like a band. A band with huge potential, and a modest determination to succeed, which is incredibly endearing.
'Tell You' comes from their recent EP, Then We Collide. Unfortunately this record only showcases a handful of their tracks. 
Oh what a tease! 

HAPPY SATURDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO