Wednesday 12 March 2014

SONG OF THE DAY


Sam Brookes - James

One of the things I love most about writing reviews for websites, is listening to an album or single before it gets released (especially if it's a good one!) Sam Brookes' debut album Kairos hits iTunes on March 17th, but 'James,' can already be found on Youtube. I've only given the record one uninterupted listen from start to finish, but what I can say already, is that it could be one of my favourites. Sam Brookes toured with Emily and the Woods last year and I'd never come across any of his music before. Since then, I've been waiting until his new material filters through the web, and I can finally say it's happened! What's even better, is, this whole album came about with the help of funding from local communities. They knew good music when they heard it.
My review of the whole album will be posted on this site http://www.forfolkssake.com/ next week! 
Stay tuned!
But, for now, please enjoy the jolly, jumpy, 'James.'

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO