Friday 21 March 2014

SONG OF THE DAY



Gallant - Die Young (Ke$ha Cover) Prd. Felix Snow

First of all: T.G.I.F!
Right, glad I got that outta my system! Anyway, back to the music...
I "Shazamed" Gallant, the first time I heard his track; 'Manhattan,' on Radio 1. It instantly gave me frisson. (New word I've learnt recently. It's a bit like when Cher in Clueless tells Tye to use "sporadic" in a sentence; there was my attempt of using "frisson"). ANYWAY... This Friday feeling has totally taken over my stream of conciousness!
There isn't much hype around Gallant yet, which is a shame, as he's such a talent and is my new favourite melody maker! The track I've chosen is a Ke$ha cover. (I know what you're thinking... Ke$ha?!) She's the kinda gal who "makes" music, which you'll normally hear, blasting from the speakers of a very sticky club, but Gallant has transformed her hit 'Die Young.' It's beautiful and haunting, which gradually builds to a crescendo of champions, and before you know it, it's over... It's great to listen to on my commute home; speakers loud, drowning out the drones of monotony.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I hope you like it and would love to hear your thoughts or leave your links behind so I can take a look at yours! :) XO